The 4th of July is just around the corner, and it’s time to prepare for a day filled with fireworks and family. If you’re wondering what to bring, here are some items that will make your 4th of July celebration an unforgettable evening under the fireworks:
Bring something comfortable to sit on!
A chair is a must-have if you’re hoping to spend the entire night under fireworks. You don’t want to be stuck sitting on concrete or grass for hours! A comfortable, foldable chair will make your 4th of July celebration that much more enjoyable. Another great option is bringing a blanket to lay on!
Bring food and drinks!
Here are some food and drink ideas:
- Fruit Platter
- Veggie Tray
- Cheese Platter
- Bags of Chips or Pretzels
- 4th of July themed drinks (Lemonade, Lemon Lime Soda)
- Water, Sodas, Gatorade and other beverages (just remember to drink responsibly and have a designated person to drive everyone home!)
Bring board games, sports balls or lawn games!
This 4th of July event is a great opportunity to get competitive with friends and family! Put together your favorite games or bring some lawn games for the kids. Don’t forget the football, soccer ball or baseball and mitt!
Be Prepared for the Sun, Bugs and the Heat!
It’s hard to stay cool in the heat and enjoy family time. There are a few things that’ll help you beat the heat and still have a great 4th of July celebration:
- Sunscreen – You don’t want a sunburn after all the fun! Make sure to apply sunscreen frequently, at least an hour before going outdoors. Apply sunscreen 15 minutes after taking a dip in pool or lake too.
- Bug repellent – This fun holiday can be riddled with mosquitoes, wasps, flies, deerflies and more! Plus it doesn’t seem like they take holiday breaks either… bring your bug spray to keep from getting eaten alive when playing outside. It’s also great for babies and toddlers who might not know better.
- Stay Cool and Hydrate – Remember to find shade and hyrdate often! Cooling towels that you can dip into cold water and put around your neck are another great way to stay cool.
What else should you bring to watch fireworks?
- 4th of July themed items (Patriotic T-shirt, American Flags)
- 4th of July hats and sunglasses
- Phone chargers
- Light up toys
- Umbrella (you can use it for shade or cover if it starts to rain!) Don’t forget to check the weather forecast!
We hope you find this list helpful in planning your 4th of July activities! Be sure to invite your friends and family to join you at the party, our app offers several fun firework-themed invites!